Connect with us

Local News

Sydney’s Little Bay Beach closed for two weeks after asbestos discovery

Published

on

A popular Sydney beach will be closed for two weeks after asbestos was found on its surface eight months ago.

A local resident first found the dangerous substance on Little Bay Beach in Sydney’s eastern suburbs in August last year, and Randwick City Council said it was “continuing” to find more.

The beach will be closed for two weeks from Monday to allow for a “detailed site investigation”.

“We’re continuing to find asbestos-containing materials on the surface,” Mayor Danny Said said in a statement.

“We need to undertake a more detailed inspection to understand the extent of the contamination and how best to manage it in the long-term.”

Randwick Council said its investigation would help determine the location, source and…



Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

You might also like ...

Paul McCartney’s English teacher didn’t discourage his pupil’s ‘obsession’ with …
Sydney man accused of raping woman after his school teacher partner pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a student